Bitcoin has moved a little bit closer to The White House after Kamala Harris was chosen by presidential hopeful Joe Biden as his Democratic running mate.
Ms Harris, 55, has appointed Ryan Montoya to her campaign team – a man who was previously the chief technology officer of the National Basketball Association’s Sacramento Kings.
The Kings, according to crypto news site Decrypt, are one of the most innovative and Bitcoin-friendly sports teams around.
In 2019 they created a blockchain-based token for fans and were connected with a Bitcoin mining operation the year before.
And back in 2014, the team announced that it would be accepting Bitcoin payments for tickets and merchandise.
This is in stark contrast to sitting President Donald Trump’s view on Bitcoin. He has repeatedly dismissed the cryptocurrency, declaring that he “was not a fan”.
Mr Biden has remained tight-lipped about his stance on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.
MORE NEWS & ARTICLES
- The Best Legit Faucets To Earn Free Bitcoins And Satoshi Fast In 2021
- End of An Era: CoinPot Microwallet and Bitcoin Faucets Close Down
- Man Who Threw Away $300 Million in Bitcoin Offers Huge Reward to Get It Back
- ‘Non-zero’ Crypto Addresses Surge as Institutional Investors Pile into Bitcoin
- Almost $1 billion in Bitcoin Linked to The Notorious Silk Road Website Has Just Moved
- Cuba is the New Bitcoin Hotspot as Citizens Embrace Cryptocurrency
- PayPal Embraces Bitcoin – Payment Giant to Offer Crypto Spending
- Nigeria Leads the World When it Comes to Adopting and Using Bitcoin
- Are Legions of Young People About to Pour Their Pocket Money Into Bitcoin?
- Banks Associating Bitcoin with Crime Linked to $2 Trillion in Dirty Money