Bitcoin has moved a little bit closer to The White House after Kamala Harris was chosen by presidential hopeful Joe Biden as his Democratic running mate.
Ms Harris, 55, has appointed Ryan Montoya to her campaign team – a man who was previously the chief technology officer of the National Basketball Association’s Sacramento Kings.
The Kings, according to crypto news site Decrypt, are one of the most innovative and Bitcoin-friendly sports teams around.
In 2019 they created a blockchain-based token for fans and were connected with a Bitcoin mining operation the year before.
And back in 2014, the team announced that it would be accepting Bitcoin payments for tickets and merchandise.
This is in stark contrast to sitting President Donald Trump’s view on Bitcoin. He has repeatedly dismissed the cryptocurrency, declaring that he “was not a fan”.
Mr Biden has remained tight-lipped about his stance on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.
MORE NEWS & ARTICLES
- 2020 Sees Huge Surge in Bitcoin ATMs Worldwide
- Sealed with a Kiss – legendary rocker Gene Simmons backs Bitcoin
- Hackers Are Targeting a Bitcoin Wallet Which May Be Worth $690 Million
- Chef Gordon Ramsay is Latest Target of Bitcoin Revolution Investing Scam
- Pornhub Now Allows Users to Pay with Bitcoin and Litecoin
- Binance Targets London Bus Stops With Ad Campaign Ahead of UK Launch
- Cryptojacking is Back as Bitcoin and Monero Prices Soar
- Ryanair Boss’s Anger After Fake Advert for Bitcoin Lifestyle Scam Uses His Image
- Atomic Bomb Lab Targets Illegal Bitcoin Mining With AI
- A World First? Grayscale Investments Launches TV Campaign to Promote Crypto