The characters of children’s favourite Dr Seuss are entering the digital world as crypto collections thanks to a new collaboration.
Dr Seuss Enterprises has teamed up with Dapper Labs, the company behind Crypokitties and NBA Top Shot, to add iconic characters including The Cat in the Hat, The Lorax, The Grinch and Thing One and Thing Two to the Flow blockchain.
The new partnership means that fans can buy and collect digital packs of their favourite characters which will then exist on the blockchain forever.
Roham Gharegozlou, Dapper Labs founder and CEO, said: “As the world moves increasingly online, so has consumers’ desire for discovering and collecting digital memorabilia that brings them one step closer to their favorite athletes, musicians and iconic characters.”
Collectors can store their collected characters in an online sticker book where they can then be either kept, sold or traded with other enthusiasts.
Gharegozlou told Fortune: “Digital packs of stickers will be available from next year. This will change how people think and interact with digital culture.”
Dr Seuss, born Theodor Seuss Geisel, was an American children’s author, cartoonist, illustrator, screenwriter and filmmaker.
He illustrated more than 60 books using his pen name, including many popular children’s books, which have sold more than 600 million copies around the globe.
Many of his stories have been turned into hugely popular films which are still loved by children today.
MORE NEWS & ARTICLES
- Man Who Threw Away $300 Million in Bitcoin Offers Huge Reward to Get It Back
- ‘Non-zero’ Crypto Addresses Surge as Institutional Investors Pile into Bitcoin
- Almost $1 billion in Bitcoin Linked to The Notorious Silk Road Website Has Just Moved
- Cuba is the New Bitcoin Hotspot as Citizens Embrace Cryptocurrency
- PayPal Embraces Bitcoin – Payment Giant to Offer Crypto Spending
- Nigeria Leads the World When it Comes to Adopting and Using Bitcoin
- Are Legions of Young People About to Pour Their Pocket Money Into Bitcoin?
- Banks Associating Bitcoin with Crime Linked to $2 Trillion in Dirty Money
- 2020 Sees Huge Surge in Bitcoin ATMs Worldwide
- Sealed with a Kiss – legendary rocker Gene Simmons backs Bitcoin